Why Join Us?
No tech/business community has come together in this way anywhere in the world. We believe this campaign is the first step to transitioning Ireland to become a global leader in the fight against climate change, led by the private sector in an inclusive, meaningful and enjoyable way while creating a lasting legacy of restored Irish woodlands.
There are a range of direct and indirect benefits to getting involved in the campaign:
- Align your business with increasing stakeholder demand: staff, clients & the public all care deeply about this
- Competitive differentiation – be at the forefront of sustainable business practice
- Generate positive national and international publicity for your business
- Reduce costs by gaining insight into bad practices, enabling cost-saving behavioural changes
- Support social enterprise, wider Irish industry, jobs, education and research
- Have genuine, quantifiable positive impact on environmental protection and Irish biodiversity
- Get ahead of inevitable legal obligations/regulation and avoid new taxes
- It’s the right thing to do
This initiative aligns with seven of the seventeen UN Strategic Development Goals – specifically:
- Goal 3: Good Health and Well-being
- Goal 6: Clean Water and Sanitation
- Goal 8: Decent Work and Economic Growth
- Goal 11: Sustainable Cities and Communities
- Goal 13: Climate Action
- Goal 14: Life Below Water
- Goal 15: Life on Land
You can learn more about the SDGs here: sustainabledevelopment.un.org
Research by Imperial College London and the International Carbon Reduction and Offset Alliance (ICROA) found that for every one ton of carbon offset, $664 of benefits are delivered to communities, infrastructure and biodiversity.